Destin Plastic Surgery
The Grant Building
4485 Furling Lane
Destin, FL 32541
Phone: (850) 654-1194
Monday–Thursday: 7 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m.–2 p.m.
Anti Aging Skincare Clinic
The Grant Building
4485 Furling Lane
Destin, FL 32541
Phone: (850) 654-8015
Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.–2 p.m.
Female Genital Enhancement
Cosmetic procedures to rejuvenate the female genitalia are continuing to increase in popularity. Although they are not as frequently spoken about in the community as other cosmetic procedures, these procedures can be equally gratifying for patients. Many women attain increased comfort, enhanced appearance, and improved self-esteem with cosmetic procedures such as vaginal rejuvenation and labiaplasty. In Destin, Florida, women trust board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. William R. Burden because of his compassionate care and experience in performing these very intricate procedures.
For more information about female genital cosmetic surgery, request a consultation onlinerequest a consultation online or call our office at (850) 654-1194. Located in Destin, Florida, we provide first-class services for patients from surrounding cities like Panama City and Pensacola, as well as neighboring states and international locations.
Overview Of Female Genital Anatomy
In order to help you understand this area of cosmetic surgery and improve communication with your doctor, we’ve provided a brief overview of the parts of the female genitalia. The appearance of these areas varies between women and is affected by genetics, hormones, weight changes, and childbirth, among other factors.
- Vulva refers to the external female genitals, often incorrectly called the vagina.
- Mons pubis, also called the pubic mound, is the fatty tissue located over the pubic bone.
- Labia majora, or outer labia, are soft, fleshy, folds of skin that protect the other structures of the vulva and are naturally covered with hair.
- Labia minora, also called the inner labia, are thin, hairless, folds of smooth skin that surround the vaginal opening.
- Clitoris is typically about the size of a pea and located at the front of the vulva where the labia minora meet.
- Clitoral hood, or prepuce, is the skin that covers and protects the clitoris.
- Vagina is the muscular canal that joins the uterus inside the pelvis to the outside of the body.
Dr. Burden is experienced in performing a variety of cosmetic surgery procedures to enhance a woman’s genitalia. They customize the following procedures to the unique anatomy and goals of each patient:
- ThermiVa, a nonsurgical treatment that uses radiofrequency energy to tighten and tone the vulvar structures. Treatment areas include the labia majora, labia minora, and the inside of the vagina. For many patients, this is a wonderful option for rediscovering sexual enjoyment and personal confidence.
- Vaginal rejuvenation, technically called vaginoplasty, tightens the internal tissues and structures of the vagina.
- Labiaplasty, also called labia reduction, improves the appearance of the labia majora and minora and reduces some of the discomfort caused by elongated labia.
- Lipoinfiltration of the labia majora increases the fullness of the outer labia using excess fat that is removed with liposuction from another area of the body. Following childbirth and as a result of the natural aging process, the labia majora may shrink due to atrophy. This can lead to prominence and over-projection of the labia minora. Lipoinfiltration can restore youthful fullness to the larger outside labia and enhance the general attractiveness of the female genitalia. Dr. Burden and Dr. Ennis frequently perform this procedure simultaneously with labiaplasty.
- Elevation of the pubic mound (mons pubis). Pregnancy, weight gain, and the natural aging process can cause the pubic mound to sag. Our doctors perform a surgical lift of the mons pubis as an individual procedure or as part of a tummy tuck or Mommy Makeover.
- Liposuction of the pubic mound (mons pubis) flattens and reduces a bulging pubic area by removing excess fat. This procedure may be performed on its own but is commonly performed with elevation of the mons pubis.
- Hoodectomy, also called clitoral hood reduction, removes excess skin from around the clitoris that can cause discomfort. This procedure is often combined with labiaplasty.
A Reputation Built on Results
You deserve the highest caliber of service, care, and results, and at Destin Plastic Surgery, we're committed to providing all that and more. But don't take our word for it—see for yourself what our actual patients have to say about their experiences with us.Read More Patient Reviews
For more information about these procedures, visit our Vaginal Rejuvenation & Labiaplasty FAQ.
Many women also choose laser hair removal to effectively remove unwanted pubic hair.
Dr. William Burden
Founder, Destin Plastic Surgery
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Burden knows that building a distinguished career doesn't happen overnight. He's been serving the community for more than 2 decades, providing personalized aesthetic care and leading the field with pioneering techniques.