A Brazilian butt lift is a favorite among our Pensacola and Destin, FL, patients. It can provide you with a youthful, round, and lifted buttock without implants. Instead, we use fat from another part of your body, so you not only get the derrière you’ve always wanted but you can also sculpt other parts of your body at the same time.
What happens during a Brazilian butt lift?
Your butt lift journey begins with a preliminary consultation. During this appointment, we will discuss your desires and concerns and create a treatment plan that is customized to you. We also offer some tips for preparing for your Brazilian butt lift in this earlier blog post.
The procedure itself involves 3 steps:
- Liposuction: I will first remove unwanted fat from a predetermined area of your body. Typically, this extraction works best on places like the abdomen, hips, or thighs.
- Purification: The fat cells will then be purified to remove any excess fluid or damaged cells. It is best to use only healthy, high-quality fat cells for your lift.
- Augmentation: Lastly, I will inject the purified fat cells into your buttocks. I make sure to place the injections carefully to create natural-looking contours. You can see some of my patients’ real results in our photo gallery.
When can I get back to the gym?
After the procedure, it is important to get as must rest as possible. However, I also recommend you engage in light activity such as short walks to promote healthy circulation and proper healing. After 2 to 3 weeks, you can begin incorporating hiking, swimming, elliptical training, and other low-impact exercises. You may resume high-intensity workouts after about 4 to 6 weeks. However, it is important to listen to your body. Don’t overexert yourself too soon!
Will weight fluctuations affect my results?
It’s important to remember that the injected fat cells will behave like the rest of the fat in your body, and it will be susceptible to weight fluctuations. To have the highest chance of long-lasting results, try to maintain a stable weight after your procedure, which is why it is important to be close to your goal weight before your surgery. Small weight changes of 10 to 15 pounds will most likely not change anything, but anything more may affect your results.
What exercises can I do to optimize my results?
Many patients worry that working out will diminish their results. However, glute-strengthening exercises actually have the potential to improve the appearance of your buttocks. There are plenty of exercises you can do to enhance your results:
- Squats: Stand with your legs slightly wider than hip-width. Push through the outside of each foot as you lower down. Contract your glutes as you return to your starting position. Use dumbbells to add resistance.
- Lunges: Step forward with one leg, lowering your hips until your knees are at about a 90-degree angle. Keep the weight on your heels and push back up to your starting position. Add weight to challenge yourself.
- Hip Lift Bridges: Lie faceup with your knees bent and shoulder-width apart. Raise your hips straight up while squeezing your glutes and engaging your abdominal muscles. Lower down slowly and repeat.
The main takeaway is that a healthy lifestyle and stable weight will help you to have long-lasting Brazilian butt lift results. If you want to learn more about your options, request a consultation online or give us a call at (850) 654-1194.
Leave a Reply