If you want added lift and volume in the buttocks region, the Brazilian butt lift at my Pensacola, FL, area, practice is a great option. It can provide you with a more shapely and perky derrière. This procedure has been gaining traction, and more patients are coming in with photos of Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez as models of what they want for themselves.
If a Brazilian butt lift is for you, there are a few ways you should prepare as your surgery date approaches.
- Maintain a healthy diet. Eating healthy foods and drinking plenty of water in the weeks leading up to your surgery will regulate your digestive system and help your body defend itself from infections. Additionally, a proper diet can help reduce swelling, inflammation, and scarring during recovery. Processed foods, especially carbohydrates like white bread, are known to increase inflammation. I recommend a balanced diet of fresh, natural foods before and after surgery.
- Stock up on supplies. As your surgery date approaches, make sure you have on hand all the necessary items you will need for an easy and comfortable recovery. Some of the most important supplies include antibacterial soap to minimize the risk of infection around your incisions, healthy snacks and easy-to-prepare meals, ice packs to manage any discomfort, a donut pillow to prevent direct pressure on your buttocks, and loose clothing. Don’t wait until the night before to gather these supplies—feeling rushed can cause unnecessary stress before the big day.
- Just breathe. Begin practicing relaxation techniques to help reduce anxiety. This will come in handy on the day of your surgery and also during recovery. I recommend meditation, breathing exercises, and restorative yoga. Doing research about your surgery so you know what to expect can help you relax as well. I encourage you to ask questions and express any concerns before and after your procedure. Everyone at Destin Plastic Surgery is here to help and serve you.
- Don’t skip your workouts. Prior to surgery, it is important to exercise so you can tone the muscles around your buttocks and upper legs. Patients who are in good cardiovascular shape and close to their ideal body weight tend to recover faster. Having a fitness base makes it easier to return to physical activity post-op and will help you reach your aesthetic goals. That being said, you must listen to your body. Do not overexert yourself too soon after your procedure. You can read more about exercising after your butt lift surgery in this blog post.
- Avoid smoking. This is mandatory for the weeks leading up to and following surgery. Patients for any cosmetic procedure should stay away from all nicotine products. Most surgeries involve reshaping or manipulating tissues to improve appearance, function, or both. This process requires ample blood supply. Nicotine causes the blood vessels to constrict and decreases blood flow, slowing down healing. It is essential for you to be honest about your smoking status, so your surgeon can plan accordingly.
For more information about the procedure, check out my previous blog post about Brazilian butt lifts at our Pensacola plastic surgery center. And if you want to see some of my patients’ results, take a look at these before-and-after photos. To learn more about your Brazilian butt lift options, request a consultation or call our office at (850) 654-1194.